"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, a home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten and the future worth living for."

Saturday, November 24, 2012

I'm Back!

I've taken a little hiatus from blogging. We lost our precious Tinkerbell over a month ago and it's been incredibly hard. I've been putting off blogging because I didn't want to have to think about this blog in particular, but I knew there was no way I could blog without mentioning her passing. She was such a huge part of our lives that there was no escaping this post. We're taking it one day at a time and getting through it the best that we can. 

On to a happier subject, Landon is reading now. He's been able to read simple words like "dog", "cat", "tree", "stop", short three to four letter words for about a year now. But that was due to him memorizing them. Now he's actually sounding out unfamiliar words to unfamiliar stories all on his own. I'm such a proud mommy! He also learned how to spell and write his last name which was no easy feat. He's becoming so smart and my heart just swells with pride. At night time he will be laying in bed and start singing himself to sleep by singing all of the songs that he has learned at school, in Spanish no less. He always ends his nighttime singing with reciting the Pledge of Allegiance. I never get tired of hearing him say that. School has really opened him up. Landon now has full conversations with complete strangers when we are out and about. He used to be really shy around people, especially other kids, but now he goes right up to everyone and talks a mile a minute. I know him being so excited about meeting new people and talking to strangers isn't always a good thing so he is fully aware of "stranger danger", but I love how outgoing he has become. 

Soccer season has come to an end. Landon loved playing. He can't wait for the next season to start back up.  I was kind of wanting him to try out t-ball, but he cried at the mention of it. I wanted him to try different sports to see what one really caught his interest. I figured now was the right time and age to get him try different things, but he wants no part of it. He only wants to play soccer so I guess soccer will be starting back up come January. 

 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers

Visitor Map