Saturday, August 29, 2009
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Sunday, August 9, 2009
Saturday, August 8, 2009
Landon sliding down the slide
My mom and I took Landon on his first carousel ride at the park and he loved it. He was so excited when he saw the carousel and was smiling from ear to ear when I sat him on top of the carousel horse.
Unfortunately, the carousel ride didn't get off to a good start. There was another little boy about the same age as Landon who was looking at the carousel. Landon walked up next to him to say "Hi" and to look at the carousel as well and the little boy pushed Landon away. I couldn't believe it. Landon was scared and ran off and tripped into a pile of dirt and ants. Here is the result of the fall (if you click on the picture you'll be able to see just how dirty his face got from the fall).
Monday, August 3, 2009
Writing the last post of all of the words that Landon can say has made me think of all of the crazy things that I have said to Landon.
Kids Moms say the darnedest things! Throughout these past 14 months I have said some things to Landon that I could have never imagined saying such as:
- "I love you even though you pee on me!"- this was during one of those middle of the night diaper changes.
- "The dishwasher is not a chair or a stepping stool"
- "Are you peeing on the floor? I hear you peeing on the floor. Why are you peeing on the floor?! Tinkie doesn't even pee on the floor!"
- "Don't share your popsicle with Tinkie!"
- "We don't shove chicken up our nose!"
- "Your toothbrush is for your teeth. It is not a broom or a hairbrush."
- "Tinkie's water bowl is not a swimming pool!"
Kevin had a couple of saying that he wanted to add as well:
- "I love you like pigs love pies!" That is one of our favorite sayings around here. We refer to a lot of children's books these days!
- "Stop hitting Daddy" Landon treats Kevin like a punching bag.
- "Landon, shake your booty!" The boy loves to dance!