"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, a home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten and the future worth living for."

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Yogurt, Needles, and Blood...OH MY!

Poor Landon just had to have his blood drawn for allergy tests. Yesterday he ate yogurt for the first time and had a bad allergic reaction. He only had 3 small spoonfuls before his face turned red with a rash all over it and his tongue and lips swelled. He also developed a rash on his hands where he touched the yogurt at. It was scary watching him go through that because I was certain that he was going to stop breathing at any moment with how swollen his lips and tongue were. He acted as if nothing was bothering him throughout the whole ordeal. We took him to his pediatrician and she was surprised that he reacted to yogurt. They gave him some children's benadryl and it cleared it up. Since he had a reaction to wheat the other week we had to take him to get lab work done this morning so they could run tests to see what Landon is allergic to. He was such a brave little boy getting his blood drawn. He didn't cry one little bit. I, on the other hand, started crying as soon as they brought the needle over to the table! I hope he is not allergic to too much and what allergies he has he grows out of. Other than that little scare he gave us yesterday he has been doing well. He has his 9 month check up in 2 weeks so I will post his new weight and height stats then.

1 comment:

Keyko said...

Ohhh my goodness, my little nephew was so brave! I hope it's nothing to major, allergies run in both our families!!!!! I miss you guys, please give Landon a million kisses and hugs from me!!!!xoxxo
I LOVE HIM, SOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers

Visitor Map