"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, a home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten and the future worth living for."

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Fancy Shoes

I am now the new owner of the fanciest shoe around.
Alright, so it may not be the fanciest shoe. In fact, it's the ugliest shoe that I have ever worn. I've thought about asking my mom if she still has my old Bedazzler somewhere to try to spruce it up. I've also toyed with the idea of improving my crutches by tying purple ribbons around them. I wish I had some amazing story as to how I hurt my foot. You know, something along the lines of...I was running with the bulls in Spain and I wasn't quite fast enough so a bull ran over my foot. Or I was outside and noticed the neighbor's house was on fire and a child was trapped upstairs. I ran into the burning house to save the child only to realize upon exiting the house that all exits were now in flames. I had no choice, but to jump out of the window with the child and I broke my foot upon impact. The true story is no where near as good as those. I somehow fell off of a curb and that is how I am not the new owner of this fancy walking boot and crutches for the next several weeks. 

So what does one do when they can't move around like usually and still has a three year old to look after? Go to a bounce house place, of course! That way Landon can run around like crazy and I can just sit back and watch. Landon loves bounce houses and a building with several of them in one room is a dream come true for him.
Landon's favorite thing was this large slide, but a close second was this little roller coaster type toy. He rode this thing over and over again. He was seriously on it for about half an hour! 
 
Landon has been so sweet to me this past week. He has been so helpful and attentive to me. He jumps at the chance to help me out and even insists that apple juice will make my foot feel better. He's constantly asking if he can get my foot some apple juice! I sure do miss taking him and Tink for walks or riding our bikes side by side. I'm just grateful that I will be able to do these things soon enough. Whenever I start complaining about the fact that I can't walk or do normal things, then I remind myself to be thankful for two working legs. Not everyone has that and I have to keep reminding myself that this is only for a short period of time. Until then, I will just enjoy my lazy days on the couch with my loving boy!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers

Visitor Map