"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, a home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten and the future worth living for."

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

At a loss for words

I haven't been able to sleep through the night since Friday. I'm not able to wrap my head around the Sandy Hook tragedy. 26 lives lost. 20 innocent children just 6-7 years old. It's unimaginable and yet it happened. Landon has spent every night since in my bed. I'm glad he's out on Christmas break because I just don't know if I could allow him at school right now otherwise. Him leaving my sight right now just isn't an option. I've always hugged and kissed him and told him how much I loved him a thousand times a day, but somehow I have upped that. I just can't imagine the horror of sending my child off to school to receive news that he was gunned down that very day. I have never been so happy to scrub vomit off of the carpet at 4 a.m. as I was yesterday morning. At least my child was alive and able to create such a mess throughout the night. Life will never be thought of in the same way. And those poor children who survived. Who witnessed others being gun downed. Their innocence completely lost. Life as they knew it, life as being children is over for them as well. They may have survived this horrific incident, but they did not make it out unharmed. I just can't imagine....

I'm going to continue to hug my Landon Love a little longer and a little tighter. 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers

Visitor Map