"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, a home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten and the future worth living for."

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Swine Flu and Phases

This past month has been crazy. We have had a bunch of things going on- one of which being the swine flu. Landon's cold turned out to be the flu and everyone wound up with it. Luckily, the swine flu wasn't the death sentence that people were making it out to be. We all got through it and are completely recovered....it only took several weeks. Landon's nose is still slightly congested, but it is nothing that saline drops can't fix.

Landon is still growing like a weed and keeping me on my toes. He has become quite the picky eater this past month. He won't eat any meat or veggies. Landon has never been a picky eater and has always loved his veggies, but lately I can't get him to eat anything other than rice and potatoes. Dinner time has become quite the battle between him and I. He will continuously spit out all of his food with each bite that I give him. I hope this is just a phase and a short lived one at that. I don't know how much more of this I can take. He is also waking up throughout the night several times. These days, Landon's nighttime sleeping habits are that of a newborn. He goes down in between 7:00 pm and 8:00 pm, but awakes every 1 1/2 to 2 hours ALL night long. I'm beginning to wonder if it has to do with the fact that he does not eat dinner and is hungry because he does insist on nursing with every awakening. This is another phase that I hope will be passing real soon. Landon has finally started to drink soy milk. I had never tried it before, but I have found it to be rather tasty. I hate regular milk and can't remember the last time that I actually drank milk, but I love soy milk. I wish I would have tried it sooner. Landon loves the vanilla flavored soy milk best. Any time that Landon wants to nurse throughout the day I have been trying to give him a cup of milk first. It works at times, but other times he outright refuses to have the soy milk as a substitute. I guess he will wean when he is good and ready.

I can't believe how quickly the holidays are approaching. We still have not gotten a pumpkin for Landon. Halloween has just snuck up on me. We will be going to the pumpkin patch tonight so make sure to check back to see the photos.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers

Visitor Map