"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, a home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten and the future worth living for."

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Landon's 1st Hair Cut!


We actually did it. We cut Landon's hair today. Kevin and I have been talking about it for a long time. Well, it was more like Kevin talking about getting it done and me telling him no way for the past year. We had compromised that when Landon turned two that we would cut his hair. I finally worked up the courage to do just that. We found a hair cuttery that specializes in children's hair cuts. It was called Cookie Cutters at Fleming Island and I must say that we couldn't have chosen a better place to get Landon's hair cut at. The place is decorated in bright colors- red, blue, yellow, green. It also has a play area with a slide and the seats that the children sit in are made to look like planes, cars, and fire trucks. It was absolutely adorable in there.



Landon was able to sit in a Mercedes seat and "drive" the car as they were cutting his hair. They also had tvs with cartoons running at every seat which kept Landon entertained. He could care less that they were cutting his hair. He was so fixated on the cartoons that I don't think he even noticed his hair being cut. Not a single tear was shed. At least not by Landon. I was a totally different story! I, of course, was a crying mess...surprise surprise! I knew I was going to cry, but I wasn't expecting to cry as hard as I did. I hated seeing his hair being cut off. I knew it was time for it to be cut because it was starting to bother him, but with each strand being cut I was becoming ill. I felt so sick to my stomach the entire time. I told Kevin pulling in that I was going to be sick. Thankfully, I didn't get sick. I was just a little emotional. I do miss his hair. I know we made the right decision to cut it, but I still miss seeing his long hair. Landon looks so much older now. I still feel as if I am looking at the wrong little boy when I see him with his shorter hair. We were able to save a good amount of his locks. We got a bag for ourselves and also a bag for each grandmother. The hair cuttery place also had a special for first time hair cuts that included a certificate and a photo that they take. I thought it was a cute momentum for the occasion:

Here is the back of Landon's head before his hair cut:

Here is the back of his head after his hair cut:


Landon was so well behaved during his hair cut:

He wasn't too fond of getting wet though!

Showing Mommy the bunny container that they placed in his lap to keep him looking down:

I guess I will no longer be able to style his hair like this during bath time!
I know that we will return there for the rest of Landon's hair cuts. It really was the cutest little place. Landon loved going up and down the slide and he also enjoyed kissing us through the plexi glass on the slide enclosure!

We ended the day with lunch at O'Charley's. Kevin and I use to eat there all the time and we hadn't been there in ages. It was the perfect ending to the day.

Landon looked so grown eating his fries:


I also must share one thing that Kevin did to make the day a little more special. Kevin went out and purchased Landon an outfit all on his own just for his first hair cut. When I opened the Children's Place bag I was rather impressed. It was really sweet that he had thought ahead of time to do so. I had already had an outfit planned for him because we all know that I am neurotic like that, but I was pleasantly surprised to learn that Kevin had something even better planned. Even if I was hesitant and am still missing Landon's long locks I couldn't be happier with the results of the day.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers

Visitor Map