"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, a home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten and the future worth living for."

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Cloud Shapes

When was the last time you looked up at the clouds? Until the other day I couldn't answer that question. I couldn't remember the last time I looked up at the sky in awe. The way we did as children making shapes out of the clouds The other evening we took Landon to Chuck E Cheese. When we walked outside I noticed a rainbow in the sky. I couldn't remember the last time that I had seen a rainbow or even when I last looked up at the sky for the heck of it. The rainbow was visible the whole drive home and Landon loved looking for it. When we got out of the car I asked him if he could see the rainbow. He said, "no, die-does (dinosaur)." I looked up and asked him where the dinosaur was. He pointed to the clouds and said up. It then hit me that he was making shapes out of the clouds. We stood outside for several minutes, through the light rain and all just enjoying watching the clouds. It's funny how a two year old can teach an adult to relax a little more and enjoy the little things in life. Ever since that day Landon now points out other animals in the sky. So far he has seen a lion, a tiger, a hippo, a giraffe, a panda bear, and pretty much any other animal there is. He even said one was Happy (Jenn's bird). Growing up we always hear that we should listen to our elders because they are wiser. I don't think children get enough credit. Through the eyes of a child you can learn life's true meaning. Children teach you patience, love, and understanding for the world in which we live. I know I for one have learned far more in these past two years with Landon than I have in all of my 27 years. Or maybe I am just re-learning what I already knew and have been too caught up in life to apply them. Either way, I am going to be looking at the clouds more often and admiring the world in which we live.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers

Visitor Map