"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, a home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten and the future worth living for."

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Beach Bums


We were all a bunch of beach bums today. We went to the beach for the afternoon and stayed for several hours. It was the longest that we have ever stayed at the beach. I hate being in the heat so the beach is usually not my idea of a fun time, but I had so much fun watching Landon enjoy himself that time just flew by. Landon was scared of the waves so I had to hold him while walking along the shoreline. The last time that we went to the beach he loved going into the water, but this time he didn't want anything to do with it. He did, however, want everything to do with the sand! He loved playing with his sand buckets and shoveling the sand into his mouth! Apparently sand and sea shells are a new delicacy!


Eating the sand!



For some reason there were jelly fish everywhere. Alex and Kevin swam amongst the jellyfish. They were the only brave ones. The rest of us weren't daring enough to get into the water. Alex even caught some jellyfish in a bucket and brought them back to show to us.



We found a little "lake" that some kids must have dug earlier that day in the sand while we went for a walk along the beach. Landon had a blast playing in the water and then tearing down the sand castle that was there.





I saved a collection of leaves that Landon gave to me yesterday at the park for his scrapbook. Crazy, I know, but they were the first leaves that Landon ever collected into a pile. Since I saved his leaves, I had to save the seashells that he brought back to me today. Let's just hope that Landon never picks up a habit of bug collecting!

Landon picking up sea shells.


Landon bringing his sea shells back to me.



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers

Visitor Map