"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, a home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten and the future worth living for."

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Making Memory Lane

Hi, my name is Amanda and I am a blog slacker. I can't believe it's been almost a month since my last post. Life has been incredibly busy lately. At least I haven't been slacking in life and in the blog world. That would just make me lazy. I had a bit of an adventurous moment hit and decided it'd be fun to take a road trip across seven states with Landon and Tink. We survived and made it back with only needing the assistance of one fire truck and one cop car....not too shabby! In all seriousness we did have a lot of fun. Memories were made and that was my main goal. This was my view looking back at Landon for most of the trip: 

We did make a pit stop at South of the Border and boy did Landon have a good time. He ran up to each and every single animal statue and would say "Mommy, cheese! Hurry Mommy, cheese!" He wanted me to take his picture with each statue and so I did. I won't post all 20 animal statue pictures, but I will post a couple of them.





While at South of the Border we went up into the Sombrero Tower. There was an amazing view once you got to the top. I thought we would have to walk up several hundred stairs, but there was an elevator. Thank goodness because I really wanted to go up and see the view, but wasn't wanting to carry a tired 35 lb toddler up a number of stairs to do so. This was the view from up in Pedro's sombrero:

On the return trip home we were in North Carolina for two days. On the way back we decided to stop at the Nuese River Walk. I figured I would have Landon run off some energy before continuing our drive. It was so pretty walking along the river. Cold, but pretty. I didn't get a good picture of Landon at the river though. I forgot to check the battery level on the camera and the batteries were dead when I went to take Landon's picture. This is the only picture that I got from that outing:

 Our full day that we had in North Carolina was spent at the outlet mall. There was nothing else around where we were at. Landon didn't mind though because after every set of stores there were anywhere from two to four rides for him to ride on. His favorite of course was the Winne the Pooh ride. They did make going into the stores with Landon a little more bearable. All I had to do was tell him that if he behaved, then he could ride another ride once we left the store. I must have spent a small fortune in quarters on those rides, but it was well worth it to keep my sanity while shopping.
Landon also invented a new breakfast while at the hotel. I dread eating breakfast out with Landon because he can never eat anything. Most all breakfast items contain milk making eating out for breakfast nerve wracking. The only thing he could eat at the hotel breakfast bar was toast. He wanted syrup since Mommy had syrup on her waffles. So syrup is what he got. Only he didn't put syrup on waffles (since he couldn't eat those). It was put on top of his toast with strawberry jelly. Completely disgusting if you ask me, but Landon loved it and ate every last bite.

While we were in PA I took Landon to the Please Touch museum. I can't do that place justice with just a few quick sentences so I will write a post on just that place once I get the chance. Hopefully it won't take me another month to post!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers

Visitor Map