"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, a home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten and the future worth living for."

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Milk and Chikin

Around here Santa prefers milk and chicken. At least Santa Cow does. When your family is as crazy about Chick-fil-a as we are, then Santa Cow is the only Santa that matters! Chick-fil-a had a gingerbread house contest this evening. I had never made a gingerbread house before, but wanted to give it a try. Of course I went to my mom's for help since she's so good at making cakes. I am really proud of the end result. We won 2nd place too. Not too shabby since it meant we came home with the coveted Chick-fil-a calendar and two stuffed cows for Landon.

Landon was even able to get his picture taken with Santa Cow. The set up was a little awkward and didn't allow for parents to take pictures. The way it was set up there was no room to get in front to take a good picture. I did get one from the side. It's not the best, but it's still cute.
Christmas is almost here and I am so excited this year. I just know that Christmas morning is going to be so much fun with a two year old in the house. I can't wait to see Landon face light up and hear his reaction with every present that he opens. Now if only I were able to get to our Christmas decorations, then we'd be good to go. I'm also looking forward to Christmas traditions. A few that I would like to carry on with Landon are reading "Twas the Night Before Christmas" on Christmas Eve and giving him one gift to open on Christmas Eve, which will be a pair of Christmas pajamas. I think we'll even make another gingerbread house the day before Christmas Eve. One that Landon can decorate all on his own. I think that will be a lot of fun. I will make sure to take a lot of pictures throughout the decorating process to share with everyone. 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers

Visitor Map