"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, a home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten and the future worth living for."

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Out of the Mouths of Moms

As a Mom I am many things. I am a kiss giver, a hugger, a tear wiper, and a comforter. I am also a boo boo healer, a snot wiper, a sticky finger and grubby face washer, a boogyman chaser, a teacher, a nurse, and a chef.

Before I became a mom I knew that I would have to be all of these things. What I never imagined before becoming a mom was the things that I would have to say to a toddler. The things that come out of my mouth at times are hilarious. I would have never thought in a million years that I would have to ever say some of the things that I say now-a-days. Just this week I found myself telling Landon, "Stop picking my nose! Pick your own nose!" Landon tried to one up himself and continued to make me say unthinkable things the next day. He went to the bathroom and the following conversation ensued:

Landon: Look Mommy! Big poopie. Like hot dog. I taste it?
Me: No you can't taste it! That's gross.
Landon: Oh. Right. That is gross. That is a dirty hot dog
Me: Yes, Landon. That does look like a dirty hot dog and it would be gross to eat it.

Gotta love the things that come out of the mouths of moms of toddlers! I have to say so many off the wall things to Landon on a regular basis that I may just make this a weekly post. I think it would be a lot of fun to look back on these years later to see all of the silly things that Landon says or that I have to say to him during these next couple of years.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers

Visitor Map