"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, a home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten and the future worth living for."

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Leavin' on a Jet Plane

Landon and I recently took a little vacation to Pennsylvania. We had a great time and were sad to see it end. It was Landon's very first plane ride. I was so nervous about flying with him. I was scared that he would be a terror on the plane and I would have everyone starting at me because I couldn't control his screaming. Landon was the complete opposite. I don't know why I was so worried about his behavior, but I am glad I was proven wrong. Landon really is well behaved for the most part. I think I was just imagining the worst case scenario and making myself nervous. Other people on the plane weren't so nice when they came on and saw Landon. We had several rude comments from people as soon as they entered the plane and saw Landon. They would say things like "oh this is going to be a loud flight" or "I'm glad I packed my headphones". They were saying all of this just because they saw a toddler. Landon wasn't even making a sound or moving around at this point. I guess children do misbehave on planes, but I hated hearing those things being directed towards us. When I heard them saying that a small part of me actually wanted Landon to scream just a little bit just to make them angry. I am glad that Landon was well behaved though. Landon had the window seat which he loved. He would look at the clouds and point different things out to me. When I first told him to look at the clouds he thought I had said "look at the clowns". He was looking all over for clowns, but couldn't find any. It was the funniest thing. 

                                                       Looking for clowns!
The only difficult part of the flight was the fact that Landon figured out how to undo his seat belt in 1.2 seconds. I even thought I'd outsmart him by twisting it upside down so he couldn't see the buckle. It didn't work. He figured it out right away. I struggled with him to keep his seat belt on, but that is when lollipops came in handy. Bribery always works! 

The Jacksonville airport had a mural on one of the walls with jungle animals. Landon loved looking at the tigers. 

And yes I was completely cheesy and dressed Landon in a shirt with a plane on it for his first plane ride. 

So much happened over the course of two weeks in PA that I will write a bunch of small posts. That way there isn't one extremely long post with a million pictures in it.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers

Visitor Map