"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, a home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten and the future worth living for."

Monday, September 20, 2010

Big Boy!

I haven't blogged in a little while, but for good reason. I will get a blog up shortly on how Landon and I spent our little vacation. Until then here is a quick update on our Landon love. Landon now refers to himself as "boy". Landon still can't say "Landon" so he was referring to himself as "baby". The other morning he woke up and decided he was no longer a baby because he started referring to himself as boy out of nowhere. It was the funniest thing. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. According to Landon he is all grown up now. If only he realized that big boys don't use diapers! Landon still loves Tigger and Pooh, but is also now a big fan of Mickey. It all started with our trip to Disney. Now he loves Mickey Mouse. He is also becoming quite the talker. Just last week I had three people comment about how well he talks for being two. I was still thinking that Landon was a little behind, but now I think he is right on track with talking when I hear other parents commenting how well he talks. In the past month alone Landon's vocab has more than tripled. He still signs a bit, but tends to say the actual words while signing. I am continually amazed by how well Landon verbally communicates now. I guess he really is becoming a "boy"! I'm also slowly building up Landon's winter wardrobe. Once again we may have a problem with getting pants to fit him. He fits perfectly into 24 month pants when we adjust the waist, but the length is becoming too short. 3T pants are too big on the waist even when adjusted, but the length is perfect. Landon isn't even extremely thin. I don't understand why we have such a difficult time finding pants to fit him properly. Maybe I will really learn how to sew one of these days and create a toddler clothing line that actually fits toddlers properly. Bedtime has become quite the joke around here lately. Landon now postpones bedtime. I really thought I had a few more years before he started doing that. He will ask for juice as soon as I tell him his final goodnight. Once I get him juice and tell him one last time to go to sleep he tells me that he has to pee. This coming from the boy who can't seem to pee on the potty seat during the day. I can't help but laugh at it every night. Now after Landon's done drinking his juice and insisting on sitting on the potty seat one last time he will say every word in his vocab. He'll start off naming everyone (Mommy, Daddy, Tinkie, Jenn, Mom Mom, and so on). Then he moves on to his animals (tiger, lion, zebra, giraffe). He'll go on and on and will even start to say his opposites (light/dark, up/down, on/off, hot/cold). He will literally start saying everything that he knows in no certain order. I think he just makes himself talk so that he stays awake. I sure hope this is a short lived phase of his, but something is telling me that it will only get worse before it gets better. I do love his persistence though. Since this blog was a lot of rambling about no one thing, I will end it with what everyone loves- a picture of Landon! This picture will also serve as a sneak peek for what is about to come.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hello every one - hope yous had a great time - pity we didnt get snow was all prepared wi sledges kids loving it any ways , all the best for new year -
mick b

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers

Visitor Map