"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, a home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten and the future worth living for."

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Philadelphia Zoo


While in Pennsylvania, Landon and I were able to visit the Philadelphia Zoo. Not just once, but twice! I remember going to that zoo many times as a child. It was an amazing experience to be able to take Landon and show him some of the same things that I saw when I was younger. The second day that we went we came across a bear statue. This statue was the same one that I climbed on as a child. I could have stayed there all day watching Landon climb on top of that bear.



The Philadelphia Zoo has a number of animals that the Jacksonville Zoo doesn't have. They have tigers, bears, hippos, an assortment of monkeys, and even aardvarks. I think Landon could have watched his "bobos" all day long. He was in hippo heaven at the zoo.

We even learned what kind of sound penguins make. Here's what they sound like according to Landon.





I must say, his penguin impression is dead on. Penguins sound like moaning cows.
The Polar bear exhibit was probably the one that I was looking forward to the most. I remember watching the polar bear swim in the water when I was a kid. We went back to see the polar bear 4 times. Landon and I were both in awe watching him.

We were also able to see a kangaroo with a joey in her pouch and a baby giraffe. The zoo was filled with new life.



Landon was also able to see tigers and lions.

 Landon was cracking me up with his lion growl impression. He even had another toddler start growling.

 He also showed me how a lion smiles!

Another sight that we saw and can't stop talking about was the gorilla. This gorilla walked up the hill like it was a man. It was the craziest thing. I had never seen a gorilla walk on just its back legs before.

Landon imitating the gorilla's face!

There are so many more pics that I want to share from the zoo. Especially those of the petting zoo with the goats. I'll have to break this up into several parts...more pics to come soon!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers

Visitor Map