"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, a home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten and the future worth living for."

Thursday, July 7, 2011

STOP!


On our way home from our July 4th festivities we made a quick stop at Walgreens. We decided to walk over to Walgreens through a parking lot and we came upon a stop sign. Landon looked up at it and then pointed out each letter as he said what they were. "S-T-O-F! Stop Mommy! Stop!" Landon read his very first word and I couldn't be prouder of him. I'm not quite sure why he confused the "P" for an "F" because he can properly identify both letters regularly, but either way he's growing up far too quickly. I applauded him and smothered him with hugs and kisses. I then pointed to the "P" and asked him what letter it was. He corrected himself. I blame the first little mess up on the fact that it was dark out and almost 11:00 p.m. I work with him daily on his letters. I was so happy to be able to see the fruits of my labor. He's also learning to write his letters as well. He received a great gift at his birthday party and he's been playing with it almost daily since. It's the LeapFrog Scribble and Write tablet and it has helped a lot with Landon learning his letters. It makes learning fun. I love how portable it is. It really does go just about everywhere with us. It also eases my mind a bit on days when we run out of time to do an arts and craft project with letters. I don't feel as bad with we skip some letter working days because I know he at least learned them on his writing tablet. Our Landon Love is growing up. He even tells me a bed time story whenever I lay down. If I put my head down on the couch or lay down with him at night he will tell me a bed time story. He will usually tell me a story about elephants drinking water with their trunks! It's one of the cutest things ever! I love him to pieces!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers

Visitor Map