"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, a home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten and the future worth living for."

Monday, October 24, 2011

Leftover Chicken Solution

I throw out so much food at the end of the week that it almost always makes me want to cry. I hate how much food I have to constantly throw out. There's only so much that Landon and I can eat at dinner time and it's so hard for me to cook for 1 1/2. The one thing I hate throwing out the most is leftover rotisserie chicken. After two days or so I am having to throw out at least half of a chicken. It's so wasteful, but you can only eat the same chicken for so long without getting tired of it. Every now and then I will take the chicken and put taco seasoning on it and freeze it for whenever I am in the mood for tacos (Landon won't eat them). I finally came across a solution that Landon absolutely loves. I pull the chicken apart and mix it with barbecue sauce. I then take crescent rolls and roll them out. I place the chicken onto the crescent rolls and wrap them up in a pigs in a blanket fashion. I will usually top my portions with cheddar cheese before rolling them up. Landon devoured them. I couldn't believe how much he loved these chickens in a blanket. It took me by surprise because I've made him pigs in a blanket before and he has never eaten them. I'm so happy that I finally found a solution for all of the left over chicken that I usually throw out. The only problem is the fact that I can't open up the crescent roll canisters. I have a serious phobia when it comes to those things. I wish I could say I was kidding, but I'm not. I can't open those things without having a panic attack leading up to the popping sound. It's to the point where I buy rolls in resealable bags and pay outrageous prices for them. I just have to always plan on making these for Landon when someone else is around, which unfortunately is not very often. It's just more of an incentive for me to get back out there and find a husband...it'd be nice to have a biscuit canister popper around! And an extra plus if he cleaned the bathrooms and put the laundry away! That's not asking for too much, is it?!

2 comments:

Janelle said...

I had no idea you were raising no longer with Landon's father anymore. I commend you for doing one of the hardest jobs in the world! Hope your doing well!

Jessica said...

I ALWAYS have shredded chicken in my freezer. It's so easy to make a quick dinner that way.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers

Visitor Map