"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, a home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten and the future worth living for."

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday Landon Love!

Landon's 1 year photo with Pooh
Today is Landon's 1st birthday! Since it's our little monkey's first birthday "Wordless Wednesday" is "Wordy Wednesday" today. Landon wanted to get an early start on today so he woke up shortly after 6:00 a.m. to ring in his birthday. Kevin got up with me and we both greeted Landon this morning and made a big fuss over him. He didn't like the fact that I turned on the light in his room that early, but I had to make sure that the camcorder could record properly! After all, it was his very first moments as a one year old. I didn't take Landon turning 1 as hard as I thought I would. Last night I lost it a bit while rocking him to sleep, but I kept my emotions in check throughout the day and didn't cry once. Ok, maybe once, but not all day long like I thought I would! It was so hard putting Landon to bed last night knowing that it was my last time rocking him to sleep as a "baby." I didn't want to put him to bed because I didn't want Landon waking up as a 1 year old. I made it through the night and woke up to the happiest and cutest one year old I have ever seen.

Landon's 1st photo as a 1 year old- he didn't want to look into the lights!

Landon's 1st smile as a 1 year old!

Landon learned how to wave and say "Hi" while waving today!

Landon playing around with his birthday crown


Landon and I spent the day doing all of his favorite things. He started the day with his favorite breakfast- oatmeal with cinnamon and apples. After breakfast Landon took a nap and then we played with his blocks and watched his favorite Baby Einstein movie.

Landon snacking while watching his movie

After the movie we took a long walk with Tinkerbell and then Landon ate his favorite lunch- chicken with peas, carrots, and broccoli. Kevin came home for lunch and then we picked up Alex because he wanted to spend the afternoon with Landon. We took Landon to his two favorite places- the library and the park. We read to him and checked out several books and then headed to the park. Landon loves to swing on the swings and he even went down the slide with his Uncle Alex.
After the park we picked Kevin up from work and then came home for presents and dinner. We bought Landon the 3-in-1 Smart Trike because he fell in love with it at the store. He had a blast opening his present and loved taking it out for a ride.








I made Landon his favorite dinner- roast and potatoes and then we had birthday cupcakes. I can't wait until his birthday party on Saturday! If you think there were a lot of pictures on this post just wait until Saturday!
Landon put the whole cupcake into his mouth!
I think he liked it!!
The end result!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers

Visitor Map