"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, a home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten and the future worth living for."

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Hot summer days

It has been so incredibly hot outside lately that I have kept Landon indoors. I have been trying to find ways to get him outside without us having a heat stroke in the process. He has a water table that he got for his birthday that he loves playing with. It keeps him cool and it is in the shade since it's on the porch.

Drinking the water out of the squirt toys!
You'd think we'd be in the pool since it's only a few feet away from our back door, but it's too hot to even go swimming. I am miserable in the heat and try to avoid it at all costs. I am beginning to think that FL is the wrong state for me! On days that I have the car I will be taking Landon to the park first thing in the morning before it gets too hot. He loves going to the park now that he is running around. Of course there is always the play area at the mall that he enjoys just as well. We went there today and he had a blast. Not only can Landon play and make new friends, but I can shop. It's the best of both worlds! We have taken Landon to the play area numerous times and he has never left my side. He was always hesitant to go off and play. As soon as we got there today he took off running. He played for over an hour. He had so much fun crawling through the tunnel and going up and down the slide.
Landon running around!

They have this cow statue there that he adores and sat in front of it with his arms spread out across it to block the other kids from getting near it! We'll have to work on his sharing skills, but I guess that is what happens with the first born.
"Who me? I'm not doing anything wrong!"
We also went to the library this morning. Every Thursday morning they have storytime for babies. There is usually a good turnout of about 8-10 other little ones. Landon really enjoys going and I think by taking him he has become more comfortable around other babies. He learns a lot from attending storytime. He's learned how to clap his hands and stomp his feet to the song "If You're Happy and You Know It" and he has also learning how to put his toys away. The story teller passes out little objects such as bells, balls, handkerchiefs, and such that the little ones can play with and then at the end of storytime she has them put them all back into the box. He came home after our first time attending and he put his toys back into his bin when he was done with them! I had high hopes and expected to see him put his toys away after each and every use, but it has rarely been done since. Hopefully after a few more weeks of storytime I will have a mini cleaning helper...a mom can dream right?!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers

Visitor Map