"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, a home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten and the future worth living for."

Saturday, June 27, 2009

New Foods

The past few days we've been able to try new foods with Landon. I found some wheat free flour and made Landon some pancakes out of it. I used water instead of milk and substituted the eggs with applesauce. They actually tasted pretty good. Landon absolutely loved them.
I also found pasta made out of rice flour so Landon was finally able to enjoy some spaghetti! I finally got to take those messy spaghetti pictures that everyone has of their babies. He even tolerated the small amount of sauce that we gave him. I was worried that he would have a problem because whenever I eat sauce it seems to make him sick after he breastfeeds. Although I haven't had sauce in months so I guess he outgrew that sensitivity. It gives me hope that one of these years he will outgrow his food allergies.
Today we made a trip to Whole Foods and found a number of things for Landon to eat. We found some rice crackers and wheat free fruit cereal bars. It's nice to now have a variety of food for Landon to snack on instead of rice cakes and apple slices. We also found wheat free/dairy free bread. His food allergies are not light on the budget. The bread alone was almost $7 for a small loaf, but it will be completely worth it to finally be able to give him some toast with jelly or even a turkey sandwich (minus the cheese). I plan on making him french toast tomorrow by using pureed bananas instead of eggs to dip his bread into. I'm sure he will love it.




1 comment:

Michelle Sterling Photography said...

Wow, I have never had to deal with food allergies with my kids! You are a creative momma! Landon is such a lucky boy to have a mommy to go that far out of the way to make sure he is happy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers

Visitor Map