"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, a home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten and the future worth living for."

Friday, June 19, 2009

Landon is sick

Landon has been sick since yesterday. It is the first time he's ever really been sick. He had a high fever all day yesterday and couldn't keep anything down. Yesterday morning I took him to Mother Goose storytime at the library and he wasn't clapping to any of the songs or interacting with any of the other babies. I thought he was just tired, but then during the last story he threw up everywhere. I felt so bad for taking him out not knowing he was sick. I brought him home and he spent the whole day sitting and sleeping on my lap. He wouldn't eat or drink anything. I tried nursing him more often to keep him hydrated, but as soon as he would sit up after eating, it would all come back up. He woke up at 4:00 a.m. this morning coughing a lot. He is doing better today. He has had a slight fever off and on all day today. I know he's still not feeling well though because he is really fussy and not really doing much of anything. He just wants to lay on the couch. He was really dehydrated yesterday because his tongue was completely white, but he's making up for it today. He's been nursing all day long, but still won't take any juice or solid foods. At least I know he is hydrated now. I hate seeing him sick and am hoping that he is completely better by tomorrow. To top things off I have been feeling sick all day today. I hope I am not coming down with anything. All I want to do is sleep this headache off, which is impossible with Landon.

2 comments:

Charity said...

see what a blessing it is to be breastfeeding! Hope you both start feeling better!

Michelle Sterling Photography said...

Hope all gets better soon, bless his little heart. I'm a CM member and got your blog site from a post. I just started one too. I love your pom! I miss my little pom, I'll never have a dog like him again. I will be clicking your ads too! :) Love your page!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers

Visitor Map