"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, a home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten and the future worth living for."

Thursday, February 25, 2010

It's Pouring

Today is another one of those days where we should have stayed in bed. We woke up bright and early to go to Finder's Keepers. It's a huge consignment sale that we go to twice a year. We can usually stock up on a whole season's worth of clothing for Landon for under $100. Unfortunately, this year the money that I had saved for the sale had to go to pay for a doctor appointment. I was able to get Landon a few things just not quite everything that he will be needing for the summer. I did find him a toy vacuum that he can push around as I am vacuuming. He loves to help me vacuum, but in all honesty it can be a bit of a pain at times. Now he can push his own vacuum along side of me. He absolutely loves it. He pushed it all over the sales floor and has not put it down since. I was also able to find his birthday outfit, or at least half of it. I then came across an adorable Curious George outfit and it looked brand new in the store. Of course the terrible lighting there is deceiving. When I brought it home and pulled it out of the bag I noticed a hole right in the front of the shirt. I was so disappointed. You can't return anything. I wish they had better lighting. Every time we come back with at least one outfit that we find a stain on when we put it in natural lighting. A stain I can work with, but a hole I can not. At least the hole is small enough to where it can become an outfit that he wears to the park.

The worst part of the day was my doctors appointment. I had to use the money that I had been saving for Landon's summer wardrobe, his birthday party, and then some. I don't have any health insurance so seeing an actual doctor is out of the question. I had little choice in the matter as of lately. I was able to see a doctor who would be able to use my ct scan from the hospital so that I wouldn't have to pay for an ultrasound. After I pay the ridiculous amount of money to see the doctor he tells me that I will still need to have an ultrasound done because the ct scan does not show everything clearly. I hate that I wasted all of the money that could have gone to other things these next two weeks. I can't get the ultrasound done because that is another couple of hundred dollars and then I will have to pay the doctor again for another appointment just for him to tell me the results of the ultrasound. I don't know why I even bothered with this appointment. It's not like I can afford the needed surgery anyways. I spent money that I did not have to still be left untreated. When it rains it pours. At least Landon has been on his best behavior these past couple of days. I think he knows that I am dealing with a lot of pain and he has been relatively well behaved lately.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers

Visitor Map