"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, a home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten and the future worth living for."

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Meme!

Lately Landon has been yelling the word "meme" to me when he gets angry at me. I'm really starting to think that he is calling me a meanie! The other day he yelled it over and over again when I made him leave the play area at the mall. He just did it a second ago when I refused to paint his nails with purple nail polish! He can't grasp the concept that boys don't wear nail polish. I know I could have appeased him and just painted his nails. Where's the harm right? Especially if it is non toxic and won't harm him if he chews it off. But we are getting ready to head out for the day and I couldn't take him around with purple nails. Maybe one day I will give in and allow him to paint my nails. It sounds like a fair compromise to me, even if I do wind up covered head to toe in nail polish. Until then I will just have to be a meme!


Landon wanting me to paint his nails is very comical and I couldn't help but to laugh when he got so upset when I refused to do so. At the same time it pulled at my heart strings. It made me long for a little girl whose nails I could paint. Don't get me wrong, I love my little boy, but I can't wait to have a little girl whose hair I can braid and nails I can paint. Although right now I don't know if any more children are in my future. It's a scary thought to think that at 26 and with only one child that I may be done having children. I'm hoping that a little girl is in the cards for me in the future. Until that happens then I will have to put the nail polish down and pull out the cars and trucks. Which is just fine with me. I never thought I would like doing "boy things" with Landon, but I absolutely love it. He sure is all boy. He is rough, tough, and always on the go. He loves to wrestle and play around. He is also the biggest Mommy's boy. I couldn't imagine a day without him. This little boy was exactly what my life had been missing. He is keeping my heart content until a little sister comes along for him.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers

Visitor Map