"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, a home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten and the future worth living for."

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Loving Landon

It's been a while. That seems to be the trend as of lately. The past couple of weeks have been kind of crazy. Landon was really sick for a while there. He had a high fever for almost a solid week combined with a terrible cough, which caused asthma issues. Kevin and I took him to the doctor and all was well. Well as in he didn't require any medication, but not well as in he was just fine. The fever that wouldn't break was the biggest concern, but luckily it broke soon after the trip to the doctor. I think this was the longest amount of time that Landon has been sick for. He just laid on the couch for several days not doing much of anything. He seems to never have much of an appetite when he's sick, but he has been making up for that. It was hard seeing him sick, but we are so very glad that he is up and running around again. 

It does look like Landon's asthma that only acted up when he was sick is turning into a permanent thing. He had to do a number of breathing treatments while he was sick, which we were expecting, but the doctor mentioned that he believes Landon now has exercise induced asthma. For the past year or so Landon has been coughing quite a bit after running and becomes short of breath and starts wheezing at times. I was hoping that it was just me being paranoid, but it looks like he is taking after me more and more, including the asthma. It just means that Landon has to take his inhaler a little more often. He has to take it before he plays. We'll then see if it helps with his coughing. 

Other than this brief sickness that Landon had he is doing really well. He's growing like a weed. I can't believe that our baby boy is almost four. It just doesn't seem possible. Landon surprises us daily with his new sayings and Landonisms. I caught a slight cough from Landon and one evening while washing the dishes I started coughing. Landon walked into the kitchen, started rubbing my back and then started singing "Rock-a-bye-baby" to me, but replaced the "baby" part with "Mommy." It was one of the sweetest things I have seen him do. He's constantly doing little things like that. He sure does know how to make every day enjoyable. I think Kevin and I can both agree that the best part of Landon is how loving he is. He is constantly walking up to us and giving random hugs and kisses followed by saying "I love you Mommy" or "I love you Daddy" at the most random of times. Mommy and Daddy love you too Landon and are so glad that you are feeling better.   

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers

Visitor Map