"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, a home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten and the future worth living for."

Monday, March 26, 2012

Wits' End

Landon: Mommy, I'm having a nightmare. I'm scared.

Me: How can you be having a nightmare? You haven't fallen asleep yet.

Landon: But I am having a nightmare, right now. I'm scared Mommy. I'm having a nightmare and I can't sleep.

Me:You are not having a nightmare. A nightmare is a bad dream. A dream is something that happens while you are sleeping and you are not sleeping.

At this point Landon pretends to sleep, complete with fake snores, and then he starts screaming blood curdling screams.

Landon: See? I told you I was having a nightmare.

I threw my hands up and surrendered. It was either cave and lay down with him until he fell asleep or have a battle of wits and I was far too tired to out wit Landon.

Landon 1- Mommy 0. We'll see who wins tomorrow night.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers

Visitor Map