"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, a home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten and the future worth living for."

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Birthday Wreath

I've been wanting to make a birthday wreath for quite some time and finally tackled it earlier this month. May is birthday month in this household because all birthdays fall during May. I knew making the wreath would be worth it in the end since I can justify keeping it up all month long. The wreath was easy to make, just time consuming. I made it off and on for two days. It required the use of 180 or so balloons. I have a short attention span so after pinning 40 balloons on I was ready to get up and move on to something else.

All that is needed to make a birthday wreath is:
  • a straw wreath
  • floral pins
  • balloons (and lots of them)
  • ribbon
  • scrapbook paper and a picture (optional)
I left the plastic wrapping on the straw wreath and then placed a balloon onto the wreath with a floral pin. I repeated this process over and over again until the wreath was nice and full.
I then decided that the wreath needed a little something in the middle of it. I took some scrapbook paper and framed it around a picture. I then cut another piece of scrapbook paper and placed a number 4 (the age my son was turning) sticker onto that piece of paper. I used a sticker so that it could be customized year after year. The picture is also able to be removed because I made a frame for it by cutting a piece of cardboard and gluing the scrapbook paper around it while leaving an opening at the top to remove the picture. I then glued a piece of ribbon that had cake and party hats on it to the back of the frame and hung it to the top of the wreath with a floral pin.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers

Visitor Map