"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, a home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten and the future worth living for."

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Another (wo)man's Treasure

We have all heard the saying, "one man's trash is another man's treasure". I just never took this phrase seriously. That was until this weekend. Someone was throwing out a child's art desk. I couldn't help but stop and take a look at it. The dry erase board on it was covered in stickers and markers, but the rest of it was in perfect condition. I decided to bring the desk back home and clean it. With a little bit of Goo Gone, a few Clorox wipes, and a lot of elbow grease the desk now looks really nice. I have been wanting to get Landon one for some time, but haven't been able to spend the $90 price tag on one. I am so happy that he now has a place for his art work. Landon loves to color and draw and now he has a proper place to do it at. Landon had the biggest smile on his face and let out the most excited laugh when he saw it. I also had a new large coloring book on top of it for him. I am not going to make dumpster diver into a career, but I will pay closer attention to what is sitting on the side of the dumpster for now on. Who knows what we will find next. While I am waiting for people to drop off more treasures at the dumpster, I will watch Landon enjoy his new coloring desk.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers

Visitor Map