"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, a home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten and the future worth living for."

Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Darndest Things

I had a big oops mommy moment the other day. I was on the computer looking for a Tigger and Pooh video clip for Landon. While I was waiting for the show to finish loading I was playing Minesweeper. When I opened the game Landon said “darn it”. Only I didn’t recognize it as “darn it”. He was saying it over and over again while pointing at the game screen. I still couldn’t figure out what he was saying and continued playing the game. When I struck a mine I said “darn it” out loud. That is when Landon started repeating his “darn it”. I then realized that he heard me say “darn it” the day before while playing. I didn’t realize I had said it, nor did I realize that I had said it every time I hit a mine. I said it so frequently without noticing the day before that Landon thought the name of the game was “darn it!” Oops..bad Mommy! 

While I’m on the subject of Landon talking I want to share just how much of a genius our Landon love is. When I can’t figure out what Landon is saying he will say a word to correlate his unrecognizable word. The other week I asked Landon what he wanted for lunch. He was trying to tell me that he wanted a hot dog. I asked him over and over to repeat himself because I couldn’t understand what he was saying. Instead of getting frustrated with me he decided to say “Mickey Mouse”. I was then able to associate Mickey Mouse with hot dog because Mickey always does the hot dog dance at the end of the show. Complete genius I tell you! Since he worked so hard for his hot dog I then gave him one for lunch. Landon does that a lot when I can’t understand the word that he is saying. He will stop saying the word that he is trying to tell me for a second and think of another word. I swear I can see the little gears in his brain moving every time he takes a second to pause for another word. He always comes up with a word that I can immediately associate with the unrecognizable word. He has done this with a number of words, but the hot dog/Mickey Mouse association has been by far my favorite one!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers

Visitor Map