"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, a home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten and the future worth living for."

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Mama said....

...there'll be days like this, there'll be days like this my Mama said. Have you ever woken up and just knew that it would be a trying day? I woke up this morning and just knew that it would be one of those days. This morning, or shall I say last night, started with Landon crying non stop. He was up roughly every 2 hours throughout the night crying for no reason. The second I patted his stomach he was back to sleep, but it never lasted for long. When I brought him down the stairs for our daily glass of soy milk I went to the pantry to make him cream of wheat. Landon decided that he wanted crackers for breakfast. I told him "no" and the tantrum of all tantrums ensued. He proceeded to close the pantry door on me and then threw all of the plastic bags from the plastic bag holder all over the kitchen. Once he was bored with making a mess of the kitchen he then proceeded to hit and kick me. He never did eat his cream of wheat. In fact, he went with no breakfast at all. He refused to eat it. Every time I gave him a bite he would just lick it and then put some in his mouth and spit it all over the floor. As soon as I told him that I had enough of his behavior and placed the uneaten bowl in the kitchen sink he screamed bloody murder. He sure didn't want to eat it, but how dare I throw it out on him! Landon calmed down for a few and then signaled that he was ready for his nap around 10:30 a.m. Whenever Landon is ready for his nap or bed he will wave "bye-bye" and then walk up the stairs. I get him ready to lay down when he decided to hit me in the face with the remote control. I took the remote away and he then proceeds to throw his race cars at me. He even managed to cause the inside of my mouth to bleed. My tooth went through the inside of my lip. I don't know what to do with him. Time outs aren't working. He doesn't seem to grasp the concept yet and hand smacking is a joke. I've smacked his hand twice over the past couple of months with little sucess. The first time was when he decided to throw his sippy cup at my face because it was empty. He managed to hit me in the nose. I thought I was going to need a third nose surgery after that blow! The second time was because he was playing with the electrical outlet (unplugging and replugging a plug) after I repeatedly told him no and that it was dangerous. Both times have resulted in him hitting me back. I quickly realized that hand smacking was not for Landon. I just don't know what to do when he misbehaves. He has now even started giving me kisses whenever he does something wrong. That tells me that he knows the difference between right and wrong. I am at my wits' end with his behavior as of lately. I know that these days will pass. I'm just wondering how long it will take.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers

Visitor Map