"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, a home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten and the future worth living for."

Monday, January 11, 2010

Doctor Update Pt. 1

Yesterday we met with a urologist so that we could get a second opinion on Landon. Landon's pediatrician thought that Landon would have to be re-circumcised. We had to wait 8 months for our appointment. For 8 months I have been dealing with the thought of Landon having to be put under anesthesia. For 8 months I have been driving myself crazy. Thankfully, yesterday my anxiety was able to come to an end. With just one quick glance at Landon the urologist knew that Landon would not need surgery. Without going into too much detail, he was able to fix things right there in the office within seconds. Landon was such a big boy and did not cry or fight the doctor. Once we got him home he was crying quite a bit. He was continuously grabbing at himself and walking with his legs out to the side. He was up all night long crying off and on. I felt so helpless because there was nothing that I could do for him. All I was able to do was hold him and cry right along with him. I hate seeing my little boy in so much pain. He's doing better today, but diaper changes are still a nightmare. He doesn't want me to change him, let alone tend to the area like I need to. I hope that his pain does not last for much longer. He is finally taking a nap and I was hoping to join him for a nap, but I have too much to get done. I'll eventually get sleep- in 18 years or so! I am going to get Landon outside for a bit once he wakes up to try to take his mind off of the pain. We will take a nice walk to the store for diapers and such. If he's not up for the stroll, then I could always ditch the diapers and hope that he will miraculously potty train! I can't even describe how relieved I am that Landon is ok and that no surgery was needed. I know it would have been a quick procedure, but he would have still had to have gone under anesthesia. My heart goes out to all of the parents who do find themselves sitting in a waiting room while their child is under anesthesia. I don't think I could handle it and I hope that I will never have to find out. Tomorrow is Landon's appointment with his new pediatrician. Let's hope that all goes well and that we finally found a permanent doctor for our Love Bug.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers

Visitor Map