"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, a home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten and the future worth living for."

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Another dinner success!



Landon is still a very picky eater. Meal time is always a hit or miss with Landon. He'll eat one day and then go a day or two without eating. Landon will eat anything pasta so I had great success with baked ziti. Hopefully some of you other Mommies who are dealing with picky toddlers will be able to use some ideas. I puree a bunch of veggies into the foods that Landon does eat. I've mentioned it here before. I was able to puree spinach and squash into the baked ziti. I also used whole wheat noodles and ground turkey as well. In a perfect world I would have made the tomato sauce. However, when dealing with a rambunctious toddler pulling out the can opener is about as homemade as sauce gets around here! I cooked the noodles and the meat as normal. I added 2 oz of pureed squash and 1 oz of pureed spinach to the spaghetti sauce. I combined the sauce and meat together and then layered it on top of the noodles. Landon is still allergic to milk so I couldn't use any cheese, but he still loved it none the less.





No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers

Visitor Map