"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, a home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten and the future worth living for."

Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!


Happy belated Mother's Day to all of the mothers out there. Yesterday was very low key, but definitely one of the best days that I have had in a long time. I took Landon to the beach and him and I enjoyed the relaxation that only the ocean can provide. It took Landon almost an hour to venture off of the beach towel and onto the sand. He was scared to death to touch the sand, but after an hour he became brave enough to go onto the sand. He would slowly creep to the edge of the towel and put his toes onto the sand. Once he realized that it was ok to touch the sand and no harm came his way off to the ocean we ran without looking back. Landon had so much fun splashing around in the water. That too took him a little while to open up to, but once he did there was no turning back. We spent hours at the beach, six to be exact. Landon had so much fun. He made several friends throughout the day and somehow he was the one designated to filling up the water bucket to make sand castles whenever the water ran out. Once the water bucket would become empty Landon would run over to me and grab my hand so that we could run down to the water together and refill the water bucket. It really was a great day and Landon and I made some new friends while there. The only downside to going to the beach by ourselves is me getting really bad sun burn on the back of my arms, neck, and back. I had no one to completely get the back of me with sunscreen so I got completely fried by the sun. Seeing Landon's smile all day long was completely worth the pain of sunburn though.  

This Mother's Day was spent doing what I love most. Watching over Landon while he is having fun. It's not about the eating out or the presents. Maybe I am just saying that because I had to make my own Mother's Day card and gift this year, but none the less I loved the time that Landon and I spent together. I spent Mother's Day doing what I love best....mothering Landon. Every time Landon said "Momma" I took a second to appreciate that one little word. With every "Momma" that I heard my heart melted a little bit more. I was over the moon with every kiss and hug that Landon gave me. After all, without Landon I wouldn't have a reason to celebrate Mother's Day. Being a Mom is by far my greatest accomplishment in life. He is my reason for living and the push that I need to strive for success. Without Landon I would be no one. I would just be Amanda...and Momma sounds a whole lot better to my ears than Amanda.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers

Visitor Map