"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, a home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten and the future worth living for."

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Landon's 2nd Birthday Party!




This past weekend was Landon's birthday party. I have a few pictures to share from the day, but not many. I am without a camera...ours broke a few months back and Matt has been allowing me to use his ever since. Without our camera I wasn't able to get any pictures at Landon's party. I really do need to get a camera one of these days. I am missing so many important things without a camera. Landon is growing up too quickly for me to be without a camera during these milestones. The pictures that I do have were taken by my Mom and Keyko, which I took off of their Facebook sites. Kevin had a friend of his take pictures of Landon's party so that we wouldn't have to worry about it, but it will be a little while before we get those. These will have to hold you over until then!

All in all, Landon's party was a really good day. Landon had so much fun and that is all that matters at the end of the day. Seeing Landon smile is what made the day completely worth it for Kevin and I. The party got off to a late start because we had so much to finish up and load up into the car. My mom and I had decided to make all of Landon's centerpieces out of candy and cookies. We molded all of the chocolate pieces and pieced the centerpieces together one candy piece at a time. It took a LONG time. We were even up until 5:00 a.m. the night before his party and then woke back up at 7:30 a.m. to work on them some more. As soon as we got the centerpieces out to the car they began to melt. I was so upset. By the time we arrived at the park they were completely ruined. We had done all of that work for nothing. Thankfully everyone at Landon's party seemed to like them as they were- melted and all. 
Thanks again for Landon's cake Mom! We don't have any cake shots of Landon eating his cake because Landon doesn't like to eat cake. He's such a weird boy! Kevin and I were hoping for some more messy cake eating pictures like the ones that we had of him from last year, but we had no such luck. Not even on his actual birthday did Landon really dig in to his cake. He'll take a lick or two of the icing and then he is done with eating it. At least I know that we will be saving on dentist expenses since Landon rarely eats sweets.

Landon made out like a bandit with all of his gifts. Everyone was so generous and we really appreciate it. Landon LOVES all of his toys. Landon has been playing non stop since yesterday. I did keep a few of his toys aside for now so that he does not become overwhelmed with them all. I have decided to switch them out periodically so that he gets around to playing with every single one of his toys. 

Thanks again to everyone who came out to make Landon's day a special one. We really do appreciate everyone for coming out and sharing in these moments with us. I'm also incredibly sorry again for our late arrival and to those who had to leave early because of it.  

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers

Visitor Map