"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, a home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten and the future worth living for."

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year everyone! I'm not one to make New Year's resolutions, but there is one thing that I would like to work on. It's remebering that the days are long, but the years are short. Day to day life may seem to drag on, but I have to remind myself that the years fly by. Looking back on the past couple of years I don't remember in great detail the sleepless nights or the tantrums. I do, however, remeber how small Landon once was and now I have a growing boy right before my eyes. In a blink of an eye he has grown. The daily struggles are nothing in comparison to how short the years really are. I just need to remind myself that when Landon has a fit over the smallest things, such as my entering the room ahead of him which was the cause for his tantrum this morning. He wanted to be the "winner". I was unaware that a race was even occuring. We were both walking into the kitchen for some milk and the next thing I knew Landon was screaming and crying because I made him a "loser". Moments like these can make a day feel so incredibly long, but I have to remind myself that I won't even remember those moments several years from now.

Landon did manage to pick out his entire outfit without me even asking him to get dressed the other day. He even topped it off with a winter hat for some reason (it was 70 some degrees outside!) and then requested to have his picture taken. He insisted on doing a little pose for the picture. He's such a ham! I'm hoping this is a sign that he'll be getting himself dressed this coming year. Although I'm in no rush for that. I'm sure there will come a day when I miss dressing him just like there are times when I actually miss diaper changes. Yes, I know....I may be a little crazy, but I really do miss diaper changes at times. I hope everyone has an amazing 2012. I have a feeling it's going to be one of my best years yet!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers

Visitor Map