"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, a home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten and the future worth living for."

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Ice Cream Dramatics

There are times when Landon says or does things that should make me want to correct his behavior, but I can't do so because I am too busy laughing. Today was one of those times. Landon started asking for ice cream (raspberry sorbet) at 8 a.m. He continued to request for ice cream every couple of minutes for four hours. Around noon he became tired of hearing my repeated "no" response and threw himself on the floor while screaming, "I"m tired of this!" I should have corrected him right then and there, but I was too busy laughing. He was so dramatic. I guess I say "I'm tired of _____" far too often. I usually tell Landon that I am tired of his bad behavior or that I am tired of his attitude. I guess Landon was tired of my repeated denials of his request.

After lunch Landon was finally allowed to have his ice ream. I was hoping he'd take a nap afterwards. Last night was brutal. He awoke just as I was heading to bed at 1:30 a.m. due to having a nightmare and allergy issues. He didn't go back to sleep until 5:00 a.m. and was ready to start the day just two hours later. I don't know how he had so much energy today with such little sleep.

The long night I had with Landon did make me realize that those late night cartoons are on for a reason. I never understood why cartoons were on at 3 a.m. I mean what child is up watching Caillou all night long? I had a new appreciation for those cartoons last night. The cable channels were one step ahead of me and have those cartoons there for when kids are up sick or can't sleep because of nightmares. I am glad that I was watching the cartoons with him or else there may have been a big misunderstanding. At one point Landon said, "Look Mommy. Caillou is playing cocaine." That caught my attention real quick. Thankfully, Caillou was not a drug addict and was actually playing croquet. At least he was able to give me a good laugh at that hour of the night/morning.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers

Visitor Map