"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, a home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten and the future worth living for."

Sunday, April 29, 2012

One Week

Landon's birthday is one week from today. I still have no idea what we are doing for his actual birthday, but his party is almost completely planned. We had originally wanted to take Landon to Chick-fil-a for his birthday dinner. I figured it'd be perfect since he loves eating there and I wouldn't have to cook- win, win! Then I realized that his birthday falls on Sunday. That means no Chick-fil-a for our birthday boy. So now we are back to square one. We asked Landon where he would like to go for his birthday and he said, "Target, Chick-fil-a, and Toys R Us." I can't get him to come up with another dinner option. I wanted a place that was fun for him. Chuck E Cheese is out because of his milk allergy. I'm sure we'll figure out a fun alternative for him. It just may take us until next Sunday to decide.

The only thing left to plan for Landon's birthday party is the food. I'm having a mid-afternoon party so I don't have to prepare a meal for everyone. I will have several appetizers followed by cake. I'm just not completely certain as to what appetizers I will be serving. I refuse to serve even one piece of food that contains milk in it at Landon's party. My feelings on it are this- Landon's party is a day for him. We are celebrating him on that day and he should be allowed to eat what everyone else is eating. It's not fair to say that he can't eat a certain snack on his special day just because it contains milk. On normal get-togethers and family celebrations that aren't centered around Landon, then yes we have milk containing foods with Landon safe alternatives. For Landon's own party I don't think it is fair for me to serve other party guests a milk containing item and tell Landon that he can't have it. I fully expect to have to take along a cupcake and other food for Landon when we attend birthday parties. I even expect to have to take along food when we eat out at a restaurant. However, I refuse to serve Landon alternative items at his own party. That's just my feelings on it and I hope everyone who comes is ok with the food selection.

The party decor is almost complete and I can't wait to see it all pulled together. Landon chose to have a Cars themed party. At first I wasn't into having a character themed party. Now that I have it planned out I am looking forward to the big day. Landon is looking forward to it as well. He's been so opinionated along the way with the party decor so I hope it turns out the way that he's picturing it in his head.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers

Visitor Map