"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, a home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten and the future worth living for."

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

At a loss for words

It doesn't happen often, but even I can be at a loss for words at times. Whenever Landon and I are out I continuously hear "He's too cute to be a boy" or "He's too pretty to be a boy." I have even been told "What a shame he's a boy. His good looks are going to waste." I never know how to respond when people say these things. Just this morning while I was enjoying some much needed girl time at Starbucks a woman walked in and said "He's too pretty to be a boy." What makes someone say this? Is it suppose to be a compliment? Maybe I am taking it the wrong way, but I find it offensive when people say these things about Landon. Yes, Landon is a cute and handsome looking boy. But where in the rules of life does it say that only girls can have good looks? Not all boys are made of snakes, snails, and puppy dog tails. Not all boys are rough, tough, and dirty looking. Why is it so hard for people to believe that some little boys like to dress well and look put together? It just drives me nuts to continuously hear that Landon is a waste because he is not a girl. I just wish people would think before opening their mouths. Now that I am done with my rant, I am going to go and snuggle with my sleeping, handsome, charming little boy.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers

Visitor Map