"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, a home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten and the future worth living for."

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Boy Oh Boy!

It's no secret that I wasn't thrilled when we found out that Landon was a boy. I've written about my disappointment before. I really, really wanted a baby girl. My heart was set on a baby girl. I had a girl name picked out, the bedroom decor already saved in an online shopping bag, and my thoughts were entirely consumed with purple and pink frilly dresses. I couldn't fathom having a boy. Once Landon was born I realized how silly I was being. I couldn't imagine not having my baby boy in my life. I was meant to be the mommy of this rambunctious, amazingly adorable boy. I am in complete denial that in just one week our baby boy will be three. THREE! I can't believe it. That being said, I am really looking forward to the boy stage. I never thought I'd get so excited over Landon hitting a ball with a baseball bat on just his third swing ever. I never thought I would enjoy playing with cars instead of dolls and tea parties. I never thought I would absolutely love wrestling with him instead of braiding hair. I love being the mommy of a little boy. And boy oh boy is Landon all boy.

 It was hot out the other day- surprise, surprise seeing as how we live in Florida. I couldn't stand being indoors any longer, but Landon kept saying he was hot when we went outside to play. I pulled out his blow up pool determined to spend some more time outdoors. I went to hook the hose up to the back spigot, but it wasn't working. For some reason the spigot in the back yard wouldn't turn on. I didn't have the right tools to hook the hose up to the washer and the hose was way too short to run from the front yard to the back yard. So I had to improvise. I walked pot after pot of water to the pool out back. After about the 30th full pot of water, I still only managed to fill a small portion of the pool. Landon was already busy splashing in it before I could even get his bathing suit on him so I just went with it. He splashed in about 1/2 inch of water and had a blast. He didn't just splash in the water though. He would run to a pile of dirt and cover his feet in it. He would then run back to the pool to clean his feet off in the water. I kept telling him that the water was getting dirty and that it was gross. I finally gave up on it and allowed him to play in the dirty water because he was having so much fun making the water dirty. I then couldn't believe what he did next. He caught a glimpse of his slide and I could see the wheels turning in his head. I just sat back and watched him do his thing. Landon went over to his slide and pushed it across the yard to the pool. He then lifted the slide into the pool and slid down it. I couldn't believe he had thought of such a thing. Landon is definitely all boy and an adventurous one at that!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers

Visitor Map