"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, a home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten and the future worth living for."

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Early Morning Road Construction

Today has been a long day and it is not even 10:00 a.m.! Landon woke up at 5:30 this morning and I woke up with a horrible headache. It was due from the combination of the lack of sleep over the past two weeks and the sinus pressure that I was having. I tried to persuade Landon to fall back to sleep, but he refused. He kept telling me that the sun woke him up. I told him that even the sun is still asleep. Landon's response was, "Oh, right. Moon wake me up!" I managed to stumble my way into the kitchen and make a pot of coffee. At this hour there was no point in a coffee mug. I put a straw in the coffee pot and was good to go! If only my coffee maker actually had a coffee pot. It would have been a time saver saving me from making several trips back into the kitchen for refills! With caffeine in hand I was ready to face the day. By 7:00 a.m. we had already made a tropical island out of Moon Dough complete with palm trees and monkeys. By 7:03 a.m. Landon was becoming bored. He was begging to watch cartoons. I wasn't fond with the idea of cartoon watching. I didn't want the day to be wasted in front of the tv. I also couldn't imagine going outside to play. I knew the outside allergens would have made my headache worse. Landon started playing with his toy cars. I kept thinking to myself that it'd be great if Landon had one of those floor road mats to play on. Then an idea came to me. I could make one. With duct tape in hand I set out to make a road way. The duct tape didn't go as far as I thought it would. The roll size was deceiving. I had planned on making a road wrap around the hallway and pass under the dining room chairs. I quickly learned that the road was only going to be a short one and only passing through one tunnel. Landon didn't seem to mind. He had a blast and it kept him busy for quite some time. Now I am wishfully hoping that it tires him out so that we can take a nice long nap this afternoon!



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers

Visitor Map