"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, a home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten and the future worth living for."

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Gone, but not Forgotten

Finally! I am finally finishing up that 30 day challenge that has now turned into a 60 day challenge. It's been bugging me that I never finished it. I didn't have access to a scanner for this post. I finally went to my mom's to use her scanner so that I could complete this challenge. I know no one else really cares, but I now feel better that it is complete. So here it goes:

Day 30: A picture of someone that I miss.

The person I miss most is the man that I called Dad for many years. He was my step-dad, but he was a part of my life at an early age so calling him Dad just came naturally. He died when I was 16. It has been almost 12 years now. There's still not a single day that goes by that I don't think about him. I miss my fellow prankster (my poor siblings) and his silly "ants in my pants" songs. I also miss my fellow Halloween and Easter candy bandit (sorry Matt and Jenn), his sweet tooth was just as big as mine! I know his presence is still with us. All I have to do is look at Alex to be reminded- he's the spitting image of our dad down to his mannerisms. I sometimes find myself doing a double take, especially now that Alex is older and becoming a man himself.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers

Visitor Map