"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, a home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten and the future worth living for."

Friday, March 18, 2011

Unsolicited Solicitor

I'm sure we have all had those days. You know the type. When you are running around the house trying to clean faster than the mess that your toddler is creating behind you. You are in sweats with unbrushed hair. Heck, who am I kidding? Your teeth are probably unbrushed as well! You are wading ankle deep through the laundry pile and only have 20 minutes to get lunch on or nap time will be ruined. Then it happens, the door bell rings. Everything has to be put on pause. You answer the door and hope that you are not scaring them away with your "mom" look. You quickly try to pull yourself together and answer the door. Just when you think you are actually pulling off a somewhat polished look your toddler greets the person at the door butt naked! Yes, that happens here quite often. It happened just yesterday to the alarm company that was coming around offering "free" service. I politely turned them away and then thought to myself that they must have a pretty interesting job. I can't be the only one who answers the door in such a way. I would love to be an unwelcomed solicitor just for one day. Just so I could reassure myself that I'm not the only one going around in t-shirts, unbrushed hair, and a naked toddler running amok on a daily basis. I'm sure these sort of sights are more common than someone answering the door in pearls with neatly brushed hair, a neatly polished toddler standing calmly at her side, with the smell of freshly baked biscuits greeting the solicitor. That's what I tell myself at least! Consider this as your warning that if you come over unannounced, then there is no telling what you will see when I open my front door.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers

Visitor Map