"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, a home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten and the future worth living for."

Monday, April 12, 2010

Easter Festivities

Easter was very low key this year. We took Landon to two Easter egg hunts at two different parks this year. I was so excited to take him on his first Easter egg hunt and I couldn't wait to see him run after all of the eggs. However, that is not exactly what happened. At the first Easter egg hunt Landon had a complete meltdown right before the egg hunt started and wound up not collecting any eggs. The egg hunt was suppose to start at 10:00 a.m. but didn't actually start until 11:15 a.m. Over an hour of waiting around + a missed nap = one very cranky toddler. The egg hunt was divided into several age groups, which sounds good at first. In reality it was a complete mess. They had the 0-3 age group on one side of the park and the 4-9 group on the other side. All of the moms with several children couldn't split them up so most of the older kids wound up on the side for toddlers. They also limited the number of eggs to three per child, but try enforcing those rules to kids who had been looking at those eggs on the fields for over an hour. By the time we got Landon to stand up from his fit and go looking for an egg there were none left. Another mom overheard me saying how disappointed I was in the disorganization and the fact that Landon didn't get an egg. She had her daughter give Landon an egg. That egg actually contained the prize. I offered to give the prize to the little girl, but the mother insisted that we keep it. Landon won a sand bucket overflowed with goodies!
Landon was pouting because he had to wait to get the eggs
Looking into his prize loot!
The saving point to that whole egg hunt was the bounce house that they had there. Landon loved the bounce house.

The next egg hunt that we did Landon was well behaved and found eggs. Although every time he found an egg he would place it into another child's basket instead of his. Landon loves to share and egg hunting was no different.
Waiting patiently for the egg hunt to start
Landon sharing his egg
This year we were also able to have Landon dye some eggs. I was a little skeptical at first because I didn't want a mess. I kept envisioning dye all over the table and floors. We decided to take the egg dying outside. I put my guard down and allowed Landon to dye his eggs all by himself. The eggs were 100% the work of Landon. Even if I wanted to help him to make things a little neater, Landon would have no part of it. He wanted to do it all by himself. I must say that his eggs turned out really well. I may be a little biased, but I think Landon's eggs are the best that I have ever seen!
Easter day was filled with lots of candy and bubbles. Everyone knows that Landon can't have chocolate so each family member went out of their way to find candy that Landon could have. As a result, he now has every type of marshmallow to last him until Halloween! Kevin and I made Landon a "welcoming Spring" type basket. We included bubbles, sidewalk chalk, balls, anything that could be used outdoors.
Easter afternoon we had an Easter egg hunt at my mom's. It was such a big hit with Landon that we had to have a second one after dinner. Landon loved searching for all of the eggs. Landon's uncles hid over 50 eggs for him. I think there are one or two still out in the woods somewhere. Maybe we'll come across them next year!
The only thing missing this year was a picture with the Easter bunny. Landon was terrified of the Easter bunny every time we got up close to him. I'm disappointed that we don't have a picture with the Easter bunny from this year, but we are living in Landon's World. Life is now according to Landon and not everything goes as planned. Maybe next year he will be older and ready to handle to big scary bunny.

1 comment:

Goodnight moon said...

I LOVE the name Landon!!!!! He is so adorable!!!! I'm a new follower. Come check my blog out, Goodnight moon!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers

Visitor Map