"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, a home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten and the future worth living for."

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

ABC Easy As 123

I've been working with Landon on his letters and numbers. He's getting pretty good at counting. He even holds up the correct number of fingers while counting. Recognizing his numbers and letters will still take some more time, but he's doing so well for being two. The other day I asked Landon to count to ten. It went something like this, "one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, w, y"...close enough Landon! I then asked him to say his ABC's and he said, "eight, two, nine, B." I think he was trying to tell me that there were far too many letters for him to say. Whenever I ask him to count items greater than three or four he will say that there are "eight two nine" of them. Landon's go to numbers are 8,2,9. Landon used to count by saying, "1,2,3,8,2,9" and now he counts anything over three as 8,2,9.

All of this ABC and 123 talk has the Jackson 5 lyrics stuck in my head- "ABC, it's easy as 123, as simple as do re mi, abc, 123, baby you and me girl." Maybe now they'll be stuck in your head as well so that I'm not the only one walking around bopping my head to this song in my head!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers

Visitor Map